New JEE pattern – JEE (Main) & JEE (Advanced) 2013, 2014, 2015
Jan 31,2015 | 110 Comments | By: Quest Tutorials
In 2012, Ministry of HRD simplified the engineering admission process by introducing further changes:
- JEE (Main) was conducted on April 07, 2013 followed by the JEE (Advanced) on June,2, 2013
- JEE (Main) was equivalent to AIEEE (for admission in colleges other than IITs). It was conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
- JEE (Advanced) was equivalent to the IITJEE (for admission in IITs). It will be held by the IITs.
- Admission to IITs will be based on the rank in the JEE (Advanced) exam.
- Top 150,000 candidates (including all categories) from the JEE (Main) were selected to appear in the JEE (Advanced) examination.
- However, only students who are among the top 20 percent in their respective boards will be considered eligible for final admission.
As a result of these changes, students have stopped travelling to destinations like Kota, Delhi etc. to join coaching classes.
School studies are getting the required focus as there is a direct linkage of school performance with admission to engineering colleges.
Before 2006, the IITJEE 2nd stage examination (Mains) was of much higher difficulty level than Class XI/XII. Students had to prepare for IIT JEE with the help of coaching classes. Class XI/XII students could not cope up with the dual pressure of school and ‘IIT JEE coaching’. As a result, students started neglected their school studies in trying to keep up their preparation for IITJEE. This caused irreparable damage to their careers. In IITJEE 2006, JAB made the changes in the pattern to deal with these problems.
|New IITJEE Pattern||Old IITJEE Pattern|
|1||Single Stage||Two Stages – Screening & Mains|
|2||Objective type only||1st Stage: Objective2nd Stage: Descriptive|
|3||2 tests of 3 hours each||1st Stage: Single test (3 hours)2nd Stage: 3 subject tests (2 hours each)|
|4||Only 2 attempts allowed||Multiple attempts allowed|
|5||Closer to Class XI and XII in difficulty||Much more difficult that XI and XII|
These efforts were fairly successful.
- Most students now prepare along with Class XI – XII. Students cant afford to neglect school studies or drop an year.
- Now, almost 70% of the students who get through, are 1st timers.
Tags: 2013, 2014, 2015, Advanced, BIT SAT, Changes, Chemistry, class, Coaching, IIT JEE, IITJEE, JEE, Kota, Main, Math, Objective, Pattern, percentage, percentile, Physics, school, study material, tuition