Home » Entrance Exams » AIEEE
The All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) is an examination organized by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in India. Introduced in the year 2002, this national level competitive test is for admission to various under-graduate engineering and architecture courses in institutes accepting the AIEEE score, including 20 prestigious NITs. Students opting for B.Tech. are tested in physics, mathematics and chemistry. The test duration is 3 hours but maximum marks and the number of questions vary every year. However equal weightage is given to all the three sections. Students opting for B.Arch. are tested in mathematics and an aptitude test. It is held in the final Sunday of April and results are announced near the end of May. Candidates are ranked on an all India basis and also according to their position in state. Thus, they have an All India Rank (AIR) and a state rank (SR).
In 2009, around 9,62,000 candidates appeared for the AIEEE across 1460 centers across India and in international centers set up at Dubai and Riyadh
Though nearly one million students write the exam only a quite few percentage of students are eligible for central counseling or state-specific or category-specific counselling on basis of their AIR.
Due to large number of students writing aieee it has become more competitve than IIT JEE at least quantitatively.
The Pattern keeps varying every year as declared by CBSE, the conducting authority of AIEEE. The level of questions follows the NCERT Syllabus of Class 11 and Class 12. From the past 2 years the total marks of the paper are being declared by CBSE in the prospectus without declaring the number of the questions appearing in the exam on the lines of IIT JEE.
List of Participating Institutes
Institutes through Central Counselling:
* National Institutes of Technology
* Indian Institutes of Information Technology
* Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology(Proposed)
* Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi
* School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi
* National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology, Ranchi
Institutes through their own Counselling:
* Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh
* Delhi College of Engineering, New Delhi
* Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, New Delhi
* Netaji Subhash Engineering College, Kolkata
* Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala
* Jaypee Institute of Information Technology University, Noida
* Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology, Gandhinagar
* University Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
* Army Institute of Technology, Pune
* Nirma Institute of Technology, Ahmedabad