- Candidates of JEE (Main) – 2016 have to apply online only. There is no printed application form for JEE(Main).
- Please ensure that you are filling genuine application form available online at JEE (Main) website (www.jeemain.nic.in).
- Please ensure your eligibility as per the criteria laid down for JEE (Main), JEE (Advanced) and participating State Institutions (as applicable).
- The fee (in Indian Rupees) for JEE (Main)-2016 is as follows:
Paper(s) Appearing Pen and Paper Based
Computer Based Examination
(Paper-1 (B. E./B. Tech.) only)
(General/OBC) (SC/ST/PwD) (General/OBC) (SC/ST/PwD) FOR EXAMINATION CENTRE OPTED IN INDIA JEE (Main) Paper-1(B.E./B.Tech.) or
JEE (Main)Paper-2 (B. Arch./ B.
1000 (Boys) 500 (Boys) 500 (Boys) 250 (Boys) 500 (Girls) 500 (Girls) 250 (Girls) 250 (Girls) Both JEE (Main) Paper-1
(B.E./B.Tech.) and JEE (Main) Paper-
2 (B.Arch./ B.Planning)
1800 (Boys) 900 (Boys) 1300 (Boys) 650 (Boys) 900 (Girls) 900 (Girls) 650 (Girls) 650 (Girls) FOR EXAMINATION CENTRE OPTED IN FOREIGN COUNTRY JEE(Main)Paper-1 (B.E./B.Tech.) or
2500 (Boys) 1250 (Boys) 2500 (Boys) 1250 (Boys) 1250 (Girls) 1250 (Girls) 1250 (Girls) 1250 (Girls) Both JEE (Main) Paper-1
(B.E./B.Tech.) and JEE (Main) Paper-
2 (B.Arch./ B.Planning)
3800 (Boys) 1900 (Boys) 3800 (Boys) 1900 (Boys) 1900 (Girls) 1900 (Girls) 1900 (Girls) 1900 (Girls)
In case the examination fee is paid through credit/debit card, the candidates will need to pay an additional processing charge as following:-
Credit Card:- 1.20% of the examination fee plus the service tax as applicable.
Debit Card:- 0.75% +taxes for examination fee up to Rs.2000 and 1% +taxes for examination
fee more than Rs.2000.
- Candidates are allowed to submit only one application form. More than one application i.e Multiple applications from a candidate will be rejected.
- The name of the candidate and his/her parents name in the application form must exactly be the same as registered in Class 12th/ equivalent qualifying Examination. No prefix/title such as -Mr/Shri/Fr/Dr/Mrs/Smt/Col etc should be used.
- The fee may be paid either by credit/debit card or through e-challan generated during the online filling of the application form. In case of e-challan, the payment should be made in the Syndicate/Canara/ICICI Bank in cash.
Application fee once paid will not be refunded (full or partial) under any circumstances.
- No options can be changed at a later stage after submission of an application. However, a chance may be given to the candidates to correct/modify some of the particular(s) of the application form online only, with valid reason(s), during the month of Jan 2014. The candidates are advised to see the website and newspaper regularly to know the exact date when the correction(s)/modification(s) will be allowed online only.
No change will be accepted through offline i.e. through fax/application including e-mail etc.
- From this year the JEE (Main) 2016 application has been made completely online i.e. the candidate have to fill the particulars online and also upload their photograph, signature and thumb impression. Due to above, the provision of sending hard copy of the application i.e. confirmation page to the JEE (Main) office has been done away with. Therefore the candidates are advised not to send hard copy of the application i.e. confirmation page to JEE (Main) Secretariat.However, the candidates are advised to retain hard copy of the application i.e. confirmation page for future reference or correspondence, if any.
- Candidate(s) may check the status of their application on JEE (Main) website.
- The Hon’ble High Court of Delhi alone will have the jurisdiction to settle and decide all matters and disputes related to JEE (Main) – 2016 as JEE Apex Board located at CBSE Delhi is organising the JEE (Main) – 2016 examination.
- The offer of admission shall be subject to verification of original certificates/ documents at the time of admission. If any candidate is found ineligible at a later date even after admission to an Institute, his/her admission will be cancelled.
- If a candidate expects the result of Class 12th/Equivalent qualifying examination to be declared after 15th June 2016 by the examining body, the candidate is advised not to attempt JEE (Main) – 2016. Candidates whose result of Class 12th /equivalent qualifying examination is not available by 15th June 2016 will not be considered for allotment of All India Ranking of JEE (Main) – 2016.
- The marks of Class 12th /equivalent qualifying examination will be displayed on the website of JEE (Main) during the second week of June 2016. The candidates have to verify these marks and confirm it on the website. In case of any discrepancy, the candidates should upload the copy of the mark-sheet online only latest by 15th June 2016 on JEE (Main) website.
- In case of change in qualifying examination marks due to re-totaling/verification/result revision, the candidate should ensure to upload the copy of the revised mark-sheet online only latest by 15th June 2016 on JEE (Main) website. The revised mark-sheet will not be accepted after 15th June 2016 for whatsoever reason.
- The candidates must have their own personal and valid email id. They are also advised to have their own mobile number. The candidates are advised to retain the same mobile number and email-id in use which they have furnished in the application form because the important information may be given to the candidates through SMS or e-mail.
- The decision of the JEE Apex Board regarding the eligibility of any applicant shall be final.
- All correspondence related to JEE (Main)–2016 should be addressed to:
The Executive Director, (JAB),
Central Board of Secondary Education,
H-149, Sector – 63,
Noida Distt. Gautam Budh Nagar 201309 (UP)
- For latest information related to JEE (Main) – 2016 kindly visit JEE(Main) Website: www.jeemain.nic.in
- For latest information related to JEE (Advanced) kindly visit the website www.jeeadv.ac.in