The IITs have announced the one year preparatory course for SC/ST and PD candidates who have not qualified.
Students shortlisted for this course must successfully complete it to join the B.Tech courses at the IITs. The Preparatory Courses is a one year residential programmes and as the name suggests prepares the students to be eligible for the B.Tech or Dual Degree Courses at the IITs.
- Every year around 30 to 40 candidates from the non-qualified candidates from the ranking order of JEE are taken in this programme.
- Physically Disabled (PD) candidates are also eligible to undergo the preparatory course.
- The Joint Admission Committee (JAB) will take the admission decision after candidates successfully complete the preparatory course.
- The IIT Preparatory Course comprises of courses in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English for two semesters after which the candidates are evaluated.
- The Candidates who successfully pass those semesters are thereafter allowed admissions to the vacancies pertaining to SC/ST for the particular year.
- Students may note that the IIT Preparatory course is residential.
- All students who take admissions in this are eligible for all concessions on par with the regular students during admissions to the degree engineering courses
IIT Preparatory Centres:
|Preparatory Classes to be held at||Centre allotted for IIT preparatory course|
|IIT Roorkee||IIT Roorkee|
|IIT Guwahati||IIT Guwahati|
|IIT Kharagpur||IIT Kharagpur|
|IIT Madras||IIT Madras|
|IIT(BHU) Varanasi||IIT (BHU)Varanasi|
Note: Students may join the seats they were originally allotted after successfully completing the course.